Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Locked myself out of group PM's and admin privileges

On my forum, I set a restriction on the PM's to only allow up to 3 people in them. I, instead, thought it would be a good idea to go to the dashboard and change a few things. However, it did not let me log in. When I try to use developer tools to copy the "Add People to this Conversation" html over to the PM, it just tells me that I don't have permissions? Am I stuck? I don't have access to the FTP server (other admins take care of that who are currently on vacation right now). Thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

The super admin can never be locked out. This is indicated by the Admin field in a user object. You are not a superadmin, obviously.

If you don't have FTP/SSH/DB access, there is no easy way (if any) to do it.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

@hgtonight said:
    The super admin can never be locked out. This is indicated by the Admin field in a user object. You are not a superadmin, obviously.

If you don't have FTP/SSH/DB access, there is no easy way (if any) to do it.

They can be locked out if they mess with the wrong database settings and then ban themselves... Anyways. I fixed it by regaining FTP privileges. Thanks for the answer though!