HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Better Documentation

Hey there!

I was just looking through the Documentation, and it seems very small, short and concise.

Can we possibly open up the Documentation a bit more, and allow the community to contribute to it? Such as adding new pages, and modifying existing content. Just like a Wiki.

Tagged:

Comments

• The documentation is on github and updated through it.

grep is your friend.

• @x00 said:
    The documentation is on github and updated through it.

Does this allow for adding more documentation quickly, though? It seems very bare on the Documentation page.

• grep is your friend.

• I think he means documentation for using the forum, not for developers...

• @kamaleon said:
    I think he means documentation for using the forum, not for developers...

It all one documentation.

grep is your friend.

• Yeah but could be improved :)

Please try to search in the documentation how to quote text as you did right now with me :)

• @kamaleon said:
    Yeah but could be improved :)

Please try to search in the documentation how to quote text as you did right now with me :)

Well the "quote" link is a bit of a clue.

Quotes is actually a pluign. It is down tot he formatter used how it is represented.

So in this case you would be reading the markdown documentation

http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax#blockquote

grep is your friend.

• kamaleonkamaleon New
    edited July 2015

When you install vanilla, you don't get the markdown editor...

Anyways, it was just an example about the documentation.

• I was talking about the documentation for developers. :)

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@TheJackah said:
    I was talking about the documentation for developers. :)

Yup, you can submit pull requests thru GitHub. They even let you do the editing on the web page so you don't need to have git installed (tho I do recommend doing that if you want to contribute a bunch).

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

GitHub-based documentation is essentially a wiki where edits are reviewed before they are merged.

• @Linc said:
    Yup, you can submit pull requests thru GitHub. They even let you do the editing on the web page so you don't need to have git installed (tho I do recommend doing that if you want to contribute a bunch).

Alright, thank-you! I'll be playing around with Vanilla a bit more next month probably, so I'll see if I can help out. :awesome: