Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Newbie in need of some assistance with install...

edited July 2015 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello!
I have never used Vanilla Forums before and would greatly appreciate any assistance. Running 2.1.11 version.

I am helping update an entire website and they are currently running Vanilla Forum on their Wordpress website and using the JS Connect Plugin. The forum is running fine on the live site, but not working at all on the test server. Is it even possible to have two instances running at the same time? (one for testing/one for live)

When I moved all files from the live site to the test server for updating we were receiving the "Fatal error: Class 'Gdn' not found" error and followed one of the discussions here. We ended up overwriting the entire forum folder with the latest download files. After that we were hit with the error "Something has gone wrong. We've run into a problem and are unable to handle this request right now. Please check back in a little while."

I would truly appreciate anyones help here to get this up and running for us!! :) CHEERS!

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

When moving a vanilla install, you need to clear your /cache/*.ini files.

If you get a "Something has gone wrong." error, enabling debugging will give you more information the next time you see that.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Thank you for your reply! I was able to solve my issue with a database config change. Thanks!