Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Valid Email

Hello, Everyone i am getting a bit issue in my forum...as when i try to register as a random person just for security check,, i entered a random email that is not even valid yet! like for e.g "dsnasndasni@gmail.com" and filled name and everything and i still became a forum member no idea why...that too with Admin rights! can you please help me on this i am scared that anyone can spam and hack my forum.

if i can get a checker of email at registration only like when a user enters email it says not a valid email. because i have opted for basic registration only so that's why! please HELP!

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Just require the users to require email confirmation.

There is no "checker of email" other than making sure the email conforms to the RFC email spec.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.