Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How can I put an anti Adblock

Are there any plug in anti adbloc? Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

Nope, not really possible. You can't force people to view content they don't want.

What you can do is try and avoid triggering of the adblock, but if you are using third part adware this is not under you control.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Were you looking to have a placeholder content for when adblock is enabled?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

If anyone is like me and you had ad-block detect on your forum. I would never go back.
    so you would lose people like me. At the same time if you didn't have an ad block detect, I might share the site with others who didn't have ad-block detect and that might have increased your revenue if the other people brought to your site didn't have ad-ablockers.

meaning you think you might be helping your site with ad-block detect, but in the long run you might be losing revenue because of lack of sharing of sites that install this kind of stuff.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

detecting adblocker is one thing. I don't see a problem with this, becuase it is to ask them to turn it off, it is their choice. Just don't use an alert that is annoying.

I do know ways in which you could beat it, and you could say is legitimate so long as they are hand picked ads by you.

You would basically have to randomise every aspect of the ad each time, form the urls, text, attributes. You would have to forward links.

Ad blocker focused on blocking syndicated ads, and a few obvious ads heretics. It not focused on blocking banners from your site, as it could have lots of false positives which they are keen to avoid.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP
    edited July 2015

You could also use the PageFair service (also made in Ireland, by the way).

• Options

Hi, do you really think that anti adblockers work? What are pros and cons? I got some tips out of here:
    http://anti-adblocker.weebly.com and https://antiadblockindustry.wordpress.com