Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How Can I Change Global Header ?

Hello All I want to know how can i Change Global Header in Vanilla ?

( I want to show a nore Manually )

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

You would have to look for the words "Theme" or "default.master.tpl". Read here for more information: http://vanillawiki.homebrewforums.net/index.php/Themes

• Options
    Persian TigerPersian Tiger /etc/shadow New

i've got it and is there any way to change the format of Comments ?

( For Example TABLES instead of DIV tags ? )

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

No and I doubt it makes sense to do so. You can use css display table-cell if you like, though...

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited August 2015

@Persian Tiger said:
    i've got it and is there any way to change the format of Comments ?

( For Example TABLES instead of DIV tags ? )

I just died a little inside.

EDIT - You are looking for View Overrides: http://vanillawiki.homebrewforums.net/index.php/A_Quick-Start_Guide_to_Creating_Themes

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    edited August 2015

:confused: Table was an Example .... :|

MayBe I want to Delete Some Codes Or Edit Some Codes Like User info Pane and Lots of More things!

Nowadays Everyone Knows Table less Design is much better :angry:

• Options
    mtschirsmtschirs ✭✭✭

If you want to change existing html structure, follow the link provided by @hgtonight.

If you want to modify appearance only, create a custom CSS style sheet for your site or modify the theme's CSS.

If you want to add or remove existing modules from the info panel, look into your theme's view.master.tpl file or remove modules via plugin hook.

If you want to just inject a few changes into the code, e.g. additional html at the footer, look for the pockets plugin or write your own.

You see, there are many different tools at your disposal. If you tell us more about what you exactly want to do, we can give you better recommendations :pleased:.

• Options

****So Good I dont like Vanilla's User Info Panel
    The Above Image I want to have one like vbulletin or IP.Board .... Just Like
    I hope for a way ...****

• Options

Any Ideas ? ?

• Options
    mtschirsmtschirs ✭✭✭
    edited August 2015

Something like this can be achieved via CSS:

However, heavy structural changes - especially if you want to avoid too 'hacky' CSS tweaks - should probably better reflect in your HTML code. Therefore I recommend you to overwrite the respective view (see vanilla/views/discussion/helper_functions -> WriteComment()) if what you want cannot easily be achieved with CSS.

• Options

@mtschirs said:
    Something like this can be achieved via CSS:

However, heavy structural changes - especially if you want to avoid too 'hacky' CSS tweaks - should probably better reflect in your HTML code. Therefore I recommend you to overwrite the respective view (see vanilla/views/discussion/helper_functions -> WriteComment()) if what you want cannot easily be achieved with CSS.

Thanks Very Much It Will Probably Help Me But Actually I think You cannot Add Some Fields with css :D
    anyway Thanks Again I Will Comunicate You in Private Messages ;)