Users running a non-download version of Vanilla (pulled from github), on branch release/2019.016 or master from the last 2 weeks should upgrade to release/2019.017 or latest master for security reasons. Downloaded official open sources releases are not affected.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

Translations troubles - Complex lines don't work and "de-DE" issues with applications

phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
edited August 2015 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi all,

Basically most translation lines that come with the {ActivityUserID,user} and variables don't seem to work. Ok i have to be honest, i'm running it in way Vanilla is probably not supposed to be used. I have a locale installed and i have a locale.php to override the regular locale in my config folder. Is this the reason that specific lines do not work anymore. Just wanted to know.

Lines like this:

$Definition['{ActivityUserID,user} mentioned you in {Data.Name,text} erwähnt.'; $Definition['{ActivityUserID,user} commented on {Data.Name,text}.';
and so on...

There seems to be a problem with the german translation and Yaga also. The official transifex translation has the code "de" in the config:

$Configuration['EnabledLocales']['vf_de'] = 'de';

But Yaga's german translation is not getting accepted. Instead it shows the variables. I changed the Yaga locales that are named "de-DE" to "de"... then they work. What is the current way of using German "de" or "de-DE"?

Thanx.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
Tagged:

Comments