Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Translations troubles - Complex lines don't work and "de-DE" issues with applications

phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
edited August 2015 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi all,

Basically most translation lines that come with the {ActivityUserID,user} and variables don't seem to work. Ok i have to be honest, i'm running it in way Vanilla is probably not supposed to be used. I have a locale installed and i have a locale.php to override the regular locale in my config folder. Is this the reason that specific lines do not work anymore. Just wanted to know.

Lines like this:

$Definition['{ActivityUserID,user} mentioned you in {Data.Name,text} erwähnt.'; $Definition['{ActivityUserID,user} commented on {Data.Name,text}.';
and so on...

There seems to be a problem with the german translation and Yaga also. The official transifex translation has the code "de" in the config:

$Configuration['EnabledLocales']['vf_de'] = 'de';

But Yaga's german translation is not getting accepted. Instead it shows the variables. I changed the Yaga locales that are named "de-DE" to "de"... then they work. What is the current way of using German "de" or "de-DE"?

Thanx.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
Tagged:

Comments