Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[SOLVED] Should users be able to see other users through YAGA badges?

13»

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Where did you put that code? profileController_render_before?
    Since profile/notifications always only shows the notifications for the session user, you do not have to do anything there:

public function profileController_render_before($sender, $args) {
        // Use the longer if clause if you find
        // more methods where your restriction causes problems.
        // if (in_array(strtolower(__FUNCTION__), array('notifications', '...'))) {
        if (strtolower(__FUNCTION__) == 'notifications') {
            return;
        }

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2015

implicit

$UserID = $Sender->User->UserID;
    If ($UserID < 1) {
    return;
    }

although explict could conceivably be safer.

also I prefer the exception here,

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/232558/#Comment_232558

rather than permissionexception

since it doesn't explicitly have a role in message. to each his own.

I hope this answers your question

"Should users be able to see other users through YAGA badges?" >:):skull::heartbreak::expressionless:

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭
    edited August 2015

Thanks you all for your hand holding. My problem is now fully solved with the aid of the plugin. I wish I started this discussion as a question in which case I could have marked it a "solved'.

I uploaded the plugin because I hope the use of Vanilla in corporate environment will expand (open source is gaining more support in the enterprise).