Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Some Help With Mobile CSS

So, I've sort of hacked together the default and embed-friendly theme to get what I want.

The issue I'm now facing is the mobile version of my forum. What I'd like to do is copy my current theme to a new mobile theme and remove the sidebar except for the User box area (notifications / messages / settings / new discussion), and shift the categories down below that.

Here's the site: http://nerdlouisville.org/community

As you can see, looks pretty decent on the desktop, but the mobile flows into the sidebar. I think it'd be a pretty simple CSS fix and I could copy my theme over to a new folder, modify the CSS and point the mobile version to that theme.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tagged:

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@PFAFF said:
    I think it'd be a pretty simple CSS fix and I could copy my theme over to a new folder, modify the CSS and point the mobile version to that theme.

Do it. Copy your current theme, and point to it with the $Configuration['Garden']['MobileTheme'] = 'yourMobileThemeName'; configuration. Then this will be loaded whenever a mobile platform is detected instead of your normal theme.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• PFAFFPFAFF
    edited August 2015

Thanks for the quick response, @hgtonight!

Well, I already had that configuration set to point to my current theme. And, creating a copy of the theme doesn't do anything different. I can modify that CSS now, but I'm a little unsure how to get the Content Column to sit beneath the PanelColumn, align it to the left, and hide the Box Filter / Category Filter / Box Tags.

• Figured out how to hide the stuff below the Me.Box.

Now, I just need to figure out how to shift the Categories / Discussions column to below and align it left and fix the head so it fits correctly.

• Somehow I cobbled together some CSS to make it work!

Thanks for your help, @hgtonight!