Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Doesn't work for NewDiscussion Module

2»

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@R_J said:
    There are numerous modules that might never be shown because they belong to not activated plugins/addons or will not be rendered in the panel.

Since the method I posted doesn't look if the addons are enabled or not, this is not an issue. If there is a php file with module in the name but not views, this will pick it up.

And from the UX aspect, I think it would be horrible. Presenting a long list of text to sort the modules is a burden, not a help. It would be easier to pick them separately if needed.

I agree.

The only nice interface for sorting modules I could think of, would be to load a javascript with each page that attaches a handler to each module so that the order in the DOM is changed (this way giving a direct visually feedback) and which writes the current order in the config.

When I was thinking on this problem (before this addon was released), I was going to have an "edit" mode for admins. They could visit any page and drag/drop modules for sorting. They could also press a little x to delete them. This would be only a little difficult since you can get the list of modules directly from the assets object. The biggest problem would be making it work for many themes.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

The biggest problem would be making it work for many themes.

That is exactly what I was thinking. Because drag and drop would be better done in the dashboard where the theme is constant. So there would be a settings page that mirrored the front side except without the theme. There you could move them however you wanted and see what they look like. Like WP widgets