Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

jsConnect not pinging my endpoint

computergeniuscomputergenius In the hills inland from Malaga New
edited September 2015 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I have got jsConnect working, but I have now discovered another issue.

When the user is using Vanilla, which is in an IFrame (not my decision, that's what The Man wanted), everything works fine - they can log in, and move around Vanilla. That is, until the visitor visits another page on the site, outside Vanilla.

When the visitor returns to the page with the Vanilla IFrame, the endpoint, which is returning the members details, is never used. The member is still logged in, but jsConnect never looks to see if they are logged in.

So the visitor just sees the Sign In message (without their name visible), and is required to type in their username and password again.

I am not clear why the endpoint is not called, and haven't been able to trace it in the code.

Any suggestions?

Would "embed" help? The specs say "in an iframe", but if I can get it to work...

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

So the site connection isn't being recognized at all?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    computergeniuscomputergenius In the hills inland from Malaga New
    edited September 2015

It wasn't running my php script which checks if the visitor is logged in. I was debugging the site, and the script was never called.

However, I bit the bullet. and made it embedded instead of running within an iframe, and that fixed the problem.