Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How to add code button to WYSIWYG (CLEditor)

2»

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited September 2015

A syntax error can be an extra or missing comma or a bracket or an apostrophe . Compare your copy of the file with a fresh one and see what error you made.

• Options

I just copied in a fresh file and copied your code changes in and it is still giving pastecode error. It says this in the error log.

[14-Sep-2015 21:14:27 UTC] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '$Sender' (T_VARIABLE), expecting function (T_FUNCTION) in /home2/ytadvise/public_html/forums/plugins/cleditor/default.php on line 90
    I think i am giving up on this. This should not be this hard.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2015

here is a fix to hgtonight's js code (but it wouldn;t have caused your errors.

it is also impossible to read your code because you don't have code tages around it :grin:

that has both the pre code tags so you can see <?php and an image added in the js code.

it also has a marker code.png file in the images folder and it works.

you will need to make a better C image but this works.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2015

@ytadvisors

then the most important thing is you forgot.

you have been forgetting your etiquette in your most recent discussions

e.g.

thank you @hgtonight and @vrijvlinder for taking so much time out of your day to continue to field my questions.

then there is a thing called reactions - you can click awesome and insightful.

just because you can't get something working doesn't negate the ability to attempt to say thank you to someone for trying to help you.

generally the answers provided are correct, some people need more instruction than others and some just keep asking ancillary questions. Someone is taking the time to try to help the questioner. Just because your frustrated shouldn't prevent a reaction click or a thank you.

and clicking reactions that may have been insightful to you. Since you are the one asking the questions.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@peregrine said:

then the most important thing is you forgot.

you have been forgetting your etiquette in your most recent discussions

e.g.

thank you hgtonight and vrijvlinder for taking so much time out of your day to continue to field my questions.

then there is a thing called reactions - you can click awesome and insightful.

just because you can't get something working doesn't negate the ability to attempt to say thank you for trying to help me and clicking reactions that may have been insightful to you. Since you are the one asking the questions.

You did not really think I would not thank everyone did you?

Thanks to all people in this topic that have helped today. It was not a very fun way to spend a Monday.

If anyone else finds this topic, @peregrine has a working plugin. I tested it out and it works great.

Once again Thanks.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2015

@ytadvisors

I'll belabor this once more.... (but I'll stop after this).

it shouldn't always be the last mouse who get's the cheese, the early mice may have done the heavier lifting.

hgtonight gave you the code don't ya think he needs a some clicks too. Without it it would have never happened. and vrijvlinder gave you pointers as well.

• Options

@peregrine said:
    ytadvisors

I'll belabor this once more.... (but I'll stop after this).

it shouldn't always be the last mouse who get's the cheese, the early mice may have done the heavier lifting.

hgtonight gave you the code don't ya think he needs a some clicks too. Without it it would have never happened. and vrijvlinder gave you pointers as well.

You are correct. I have tried my best to say thank you to everyone for helping me with my many problems with launching a forum. Just so you know, I did not know the Insightful buttons really mint anything.
    I went back and made sure a thank you was given in all my topics and that i clicked the insightful or Awesome button for the people that helped me.

I will try harder, and once i get better at coding, i will try to give some more of my time to this forum, not just asking questions, but trying to help.
    Sometimes we all just need reminders on these things.

Once again, thanks to all for helping me today.

(Topic Closed)