Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla Forums, jsConnect and Perch CMS

Hi all,

I am just looking at using Vanilla forums to provide a forum for a project using Perch CMS. Perch already has a members app, so I am thinking I can use jsConnect to automatically log users in to Vanilla providing they are logged in to Perch. Would this be correct? Has anyone had any experience doing this with Perch?

Thanks!

Mike

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

Yes you can do this with jsConnect.

I have not worked with Perch CMS personally. Since it requires a purchased license, I will be unable to help you with specifics.

You need to create an endpoint in Perch that responds the way jsConnect expects. You should read the technical documentation here: http://docs.vanillaforums.com/features/sso/jsconnect/overview/

The company Perch might already have a plugin written, so I would contact them first.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.