Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Internal Error 500

edited August 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Im getting this error: Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@mydomain.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error. More information about this error may be available in the server error log. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. if you're a moderator, Id like to email you the link to the phpinfo. Thanks!

Comments

• Can you look through your error log and paste the lines referring the error you experienced?
  • [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(/home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/../conf/settings.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/settings.php on line 234 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(/home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/../conf/settings.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/settings.php on line 234 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(): Failed opening '/home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/../conf/settings.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/settings.php on line 234 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(/path/to/vanilla/appg/headers.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 15 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(/path/to/vanilla/appg/headers.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 15 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(): Failed opening '/path/to/vanilla/appg/headers.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 15 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(/path/to/vanilla/appg/database.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 16 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(/path/to/vanilla/appg/database.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 16 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(): Failed opening '/path/to/vanilla/appg/database.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 16 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(/path/to/your/database/file.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 17 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(/path/to/your/database/file.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 17
  • [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(): Failed opening '/path/to/your/database/file.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 17 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(/path/to/your/library/Framework/Framework.Functions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 18 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(/path/to/your/library/Framework/Framework.Functions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 18 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(): Failed opening '/path/to/your/library/Framework/Framework.Functions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 18 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(/path/to/your/library/Framework/Framework.Class.Database.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 19 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(/path/to/your/library/Framework/Framework.Class.Database.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 19 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(): Failed opening '/path/to/your/library/Framework/Framework.Class.Database.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 19 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(/path/to/your/library/Framework/Framework.Class.MySQL.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 20 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(/path/to/your/library/Framework/Framework.Class.MySQL.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 20 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(): Failed opening '/path/to/your/library/Framework/Framework.Class.MySQL.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 20 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(/path/to/your/library/Framework/Framework.Class.SqlBuilder.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 21 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(/path/to/your/library/Framework/Framework.Class.SqlBuilder.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 21 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(): Failed opening '/path/to/your/library/Framework/Framework.Class.SqlBuilder.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 21 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(/path/to/your/library/Framework/Framework.Class.MessageCollector.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 22 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(/path/to/your/library/Framework/Framework.Class.MessageCollector.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 22 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(): Failed opening '/path/to/your/library/Framework/Framework.Class.MessageCollector.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 22 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(/path/to/your/library/Framework/Framework.Class.ErrorManager.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 23 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(/path/to/your/library/Framework/Framework.Class.ErrorManager.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 23 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(): Failed opening '/path/to/your/library/Framework/Framework.Class.ErrorManager.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 23 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(/path/to/your/library/Framework/Framework.Class.ObjectFactory.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 24 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(/path/to/your/library/Framework/Framework.Class.ObjectFactory.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 24 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(): Failed opening '/path/to/your/library/Framework/Framework.Class.ObjectFactory.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 24 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(/path/to/your/library/Framework/Framework.Class.StringManipulator.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 25 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(/path/to/your/library/Framework/Framework.Class.StringManipulator.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 25 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(): Failed opening '/path/to/your/library/Framework/Framework.Class.StringManipulator.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 25 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(/path/to/your/library/Framework/Framework.Class.Context.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 26 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(/path/to/your/library/Framework/Framework.Class.Context.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 26 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(): Failed opening '/path/to/your/library/Framework/Framework.Class.Context.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 26 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(/path/to/your/library/Framework/Framework.Class.Delegation.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 27 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(/path/to/your/library/Framework/Framework.Class.Delegation.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 27 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(): Failed opening '/path/to/your/library/Framework/Framework.Class.Delegation.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 27 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(/path/to/your/library/Framework/Framework.Class.Control.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 28 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(/path/to/your/library/Framework/Framework.Class.Control.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 28 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(): Failed opening '/path/to/your/library/Framework/Framework.Class.Control.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 28 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(/path/to/your/library/Vanilla/Vanilla.Functions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 29 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(/path/to/your/library/Vanilla/Vanilla.Functions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 29
  • [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(): Failed opening '/path/to/your/library/Vanilla/Vanilla.Functions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 29 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(/path/to/your/library/People/People.Class.Authenticator.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 30 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(/path/to/your/library/People/People.Class.Authenticator.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 30 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(): Failed opening '/path/to/your/library/People/People.Class.Authenticator.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 30 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(/path/to/your/library/People/People.Class.Session.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 31 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(/path/to/your/library/People/People.Class.Session.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 31 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(): Failed opening '/path/to/your/library/People/People.Class.Session.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 31 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(/path/to/your/library/People/People.Class.User.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 32 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(/path/to/your/library/People/People.Class.User.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 32 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Warning: main(): Failed opening '/path/to/your/library/People/People.Class.User.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 32 [29-Jul-2006 12:33:48] PHP Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: context in /home/tombell/public_html/intranet/new/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 42
  • Have you actually done any configuration? You need to set your paths up right. The install script should do it for you...
  • ok, i'll try again :S thanks btw, how can i get notified of replies to my posts? besides RSS...
  • http://lussumo.com/addons/?PostBackAction=AddOn&AddOnID=48 should do the trick.
  • cool! my forum is working good now. thx
  • No probs. Glad you got it sorted.
  • edited August 2006
    Having same sort of problem after vanilla placed on server when I run installer I get similar but fewer errors. In consultation, it seemed as if the files may have been corrupted so I downloaded new copy of vanilla, uploaded to srver. Same result. here's the url: http://www.rothendowment.org/echo/setup/ any suggestions greatly appreciated.
  • Can you browse to the library/Framework/ folder in your FTP client and check that the files it's missing are actually there?
  • I have also encountered the same issue after overwriting the existing vanilla 1.0 with 1.0.1 I have tried many different approaches and finally found that~ If the .htaccess file is removed from the root folder of vanilla~ then vanilla will run perfectly... I dunno why and I guess this is not the best way to solve... I am thinking if this is a problem related to the mod_rewrite setting inside Apache~ Hope some expert can solve this one~ Vicker
  • reloaded vanilla, now echo/setup/installer.php is said not to be in the folder setup but is definitely is there. I can open it. http://www.rothendowment.org/echo/setup/ Should I contact godaddygo?
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Have you tried removing the htaccess like vicker did? Just download it and then reupload it when you're finished. Or move it into a different folder temporarily.
  • Yes. just now. removed .htaccess from "echo" the folder I placed all the vanilla files and folders. No difference. Looking in "Framework" I only have Framework.Class.ErrorMa#201.php when installer is calling for Framework.Class.ErrorManager.php. this is the case too for Framework.Class.Message#204.php when installer is looking for Framework.Class.MessageCollector.php and alsoFramework.Class.ConfigurationManager.php when all I have is Framework.Class.Configu#1FB.php What is curious is that none of those called for files is in the Framework folder I downloaded (!) I must be missing a step. Thanks for helping.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    That is really wierd. Do you know what operating system you are running?
  • mac OS 10.4.7
  • I'll download vanilla from another computer.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Sorry - I don't mean your local computer - I mean the server where you are uploading the files. It is renaming them for some reason, and it shouldn't be. THAT is why it's not working.
  • edited August 2006
    I looks to me that when I upload from my development site to the server, the server doesn't recognize file names greater 32 characters and shortens them to something obviously unrecognized by the code as written. That seems to account for the problem but is it the answer? (doesn't explain them not being in teh first downloads- but maybe I was swapping deficient ones and never had a clean folder afterwards...) I should talk to godaddygo. I'll see if that clears things up.
This discussion has been closed.