Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

SideMenuModule Usage

lbernardlbernard New
edited November 2015 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I would like to use the SideMenuModule to expose things like "change password, change image" inside of edit profile.

unfortunately, adding the module as it is named inside of applications/dashboard/modules doesn't render any component.
{module name="SideMenuModule"}

What can I do to allow users access to these fundamental profile management options?

@R_J @hgtonight

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I do not understand what you are trying to achieve, sorry. If users open /profile/edit, they should see "Change My Password" which is only a link to /profile/password

Where do you want to display it? Could you give a short scribble or name the slug and the parent html element or anything like that?

• Options

When users enter /profile/edit/ I would like them to see all of these options in the sidebar. Currently, they can change their usernames, emails, and gender... and nothing else.

As you can see, for some reason the edit profile options are limited. To my knowledge, the SideMenu module carried all of these edit profile links, but it doesn't render for me.

I would happily create a custom component knowing all of the urls required!

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

Which theme are you using?

It looks like it is hiding the Panel on the profile/edit page.

By default, it should be there:

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Looks like it might just be hidden through your theme CSS

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.