HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Featured Topics on home page

2»

Answers

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2015

thx. wouldn't work for me if it was windows. I think bleistivt has something similar as well.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@peregrine said:
    thx. wouldn't work for me if it was windows. I think bleistivt has something similar as well.

What distro of linux do you use?

I have used byzanz in the past. http://askubuntu.com/questions/107726/how-to-create-animated-gif-images-of-a-screencast

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2015

@hgtonight said:

@peregrine said:

What distro of linux do you use?

I have used byzanz in the past. http://askubuntu.com/questions/107726/how-to-create-animated-gif-images-of-a-screencast

yes I looked into that yesterday requires a newer release than mine, and once again my constraints won't allow that, I've found alternate screencast capture and could convert format, just more work.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• xm1xm1 New
    edited November 2015

Am trying to implement this, but I have a challenge.

The /discussion/featured page has only one page at the moment but the pagination counts upto the number of pages /discussions has. When I click on page 2 or other pages, I get no discussion was found.

After a few hours of trial, I thought I could use the BeforeBuildPager event that I found somewhere in vanilla code. So I added this:

public function DiscussionsController_BeforeBuildPager_Handler($Sender) { if($this->CustomView === TRUE) { $DiscussionsCount = count($Sender->Data["Discussions"]->result()); $Sender->SetData('CountDiscussions', $DiscussionsCount); } }

In hopes that if I count the result the featured query returned and set the value of CountDiscussions accordingly, it will resolve. But, unfortunately, the only thing this does is hide the pagination altogether in the /discussions/featured page.

So, @hgtonight, How do I resolve this?
    @peregrine Any idea?
    @airsay did you face this challenge too?