Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Try Vanilla Forums Cloud product
After February 6, this site will no longer have Facebook, Twitter, or OpenID sign-in options. Read our announcement about social media SSO support in 2.8 for more info.

Make sure you have a current, valid email address set in your profile and set a password so you can login without it. If you get locked out after that time, you can choose "Forgot Password" to fix it as long as a valid email is on your account.
Please upgrade to 2.3 here. The 2.2 and earlier branches are no longer being updated.

"Profile" Error Log Entries after Upgrade from 2.1 to 2.2

I had a bit of an issue the first time I attempted to upgrade from 2.1 to 2.2, but the problem was two plugins: CloudFlare Support and Logger. Disabling them did the trick.

Post-upgrade, functionally, everything APPEARS to be working OK on my forum (http://www.smarthomehub.net/). But I was initiall getting errors in the log file that all have "profile" in common.

Here are the first ones I saw:

[Mon Nov 16 10:00:04 2015] [error] [client xxxxxx] File does not exist: /www/vhosts/smarthomehub.net/htdocs/profile [Mon Nov 16 10:00:09 2015] [error] [client xxxxxx] File does not exist: /www/vhosts/smarthomehub.net/htdocs/profile [Mon Nov 16 10:00:14 2015] [error] [client xxxxxx] File does not exist: /www/vhosts/smarthomehub.net/htdocs/profile [Mon Nov 16 10:00:20 2015] [error] [client xxxxxx] File does not exist: /www/vhosts/smarthomehub.net/htdocs/profile [Mon Nov 16 10:00:25 2015] [error] [client xxxxxx] File does not exist: /www/vhosts/smarthomehub.net/htdocs/profile [Mon Nov 16 10:00:30 2015] [error] [client xxxxxx] File does not exist: /www/vhosts/smarthomehub.net/htdocs/profile [Mon Nov 16 10:00:36 2015] [error] [client xxxxxx] File does not exist: /www/vhosts/smarthomehub.net/htdocs/profile [Mon Nov 16 10:00:40 2015] [error] [client xxxxxx] File does not exist: /www/vhosts/smarthomehub.net/htdocs/profile [Mon Nov 16 10:00:46 2015] [error] [client xxxxxx] File does not exist: /www/vhosts/smarthomehub.net/htdocs/profile

While I tried to hunt the problem down, I did a quick server-side redirect of /htdocs/profile to /htdocs/forums/profile, which stopped those errors.

But then I saw these:

[Mon Nov 16 10:01:36 2015] [error] [client xxxx] File does not exist: /www/vhosts/smarthomehub.net/htdocs/profile/steve
[Mon Nov 16 10:01:40 2015] [error] [client xxxx] File does not exist: /www/vhosts/smarthomehub.net/htdocs/profile/system
[Mon Nov 16 10:01:48 2015] [error] [client xxxx] File does not exist: /www/vhosts/smarthomehub.net/htdocs/profile/techguy
[Mon Nov 16 10:01:54 2015] [error] [client xxxx] File does not exist: /www/vhosts/smarthomehub.net/htdocs/profile/towpro`

I emptied the cache (deleted the .ini files) and restarted apache, then the errors seemed to stop. I even removed the temporary server-side redirect, and the errors stayed gone.

So I'm reporting here just in case anyone else runs into this problem. Deleting the Vanilla cache files and restarting apache did the trick for me.

peregrine

Comments