Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

In This Discussion not showing original poster?

PFAFFPFAFF
edited November 2015 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I'm having an issue where In This Discussion shows just folks who have commented after the initial post. Is this intentional? Or, a bug?

Vanilla 2.2, Linux server, PHP 5.6.15, Apache 2.4.16
Embedded forum, Wordpress

Comments

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2015

It's been that way since 2.1.

I asked the same question you did a while back. I've come to the conclusion it's a bug or a feature whatever you desire.

rationalization for not being a bug:

• if you open the discussion to read you usually read the first post. it has the author in the opening post, so if you are an attentive reader, it should be obvious.

• another rationalization - if you started a discussion but didn't comment, you really aren't participating in the discussion. are you? if you did comment, you would be listed.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Looking at the code, this seems to be intentional.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    PFAFFPFAFF
    edited November 2015

Makes sense. I kind of went through the same rationalizing process that you did, @peregrine. Thanks, guys!