Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Content Curation

Since installing YAGA, all the posts I make on the forum have to be approved by an administrator (I am of the role 'Administrator' and 'Member'). I don't know if it is down to YAGA.

May I ask, what does the 'Content Curation' checkbox do under the 'Ranks'? Could this be the reason?

Comments

• Options

Further to this, it would appear that by 'granting' content curation, it prevents you from logging in with an error 'permission denied'.

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited November 2015

AfaIk this application is not yet 2.2. 'ready'.

See here: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/235799/#Comment_235799

• Options

@whu606 said:
    AfaIk this application is not yet 2.2. 'ready'.

See here: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/235799/#Comment_235799

Thanks for clarifying, I did not realise (I have been finding workarounds or fixing anything that has broken so far).

How come Vanilla Forums are using YAGA on their own forum without issue then? Surely they are running v2.2 of their own software themselves?

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@zigojacko

YAGA is the open source alternative to the proprietary Vanilla reactions, put together by @hgtonight for the benefit of the community (though I'm sure he wouldn't turn down a donation...)

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@zigojacko said:

How come Vanilla Forums are using YAGA on their own forum without issue then? Surely they are running v2.2 of their own software themselves?

This warm the cockles of my heart, or at least makes me feel sly.

@zigojacko said:

May I ask, what does the 'Content Curation' checkbox do under the 'Ranks'? Could this be the reason?

This gives users with that specific Rank the 'Garden.Curation.Manage' permission. It is used along with reactions to easily add content to the Best Of... page.

@zigojacko said:

Thanks for clarifying, I did not realise (I have been finding workarounds or fixing anything that has broken so far).

What issues have you found? I love finding problems in my code.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.