HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Older Vanilla Support

I attempted to install this plugin in Vanilla Version 2.0.17.10.

I installed this version via my ISP's Application Manager, so I don't know when it will get updated to a newer version.

When I try and activate the plugin, I get the following "NoGender is missing the following requirement(s): Vanilla 2.1."

Is there anyway that this plugin can be update/modified to support my older version of Vanilla?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@RussMartin

Welcome to the community.

tbh, you are asking the wrong question.

You really, really shouldn't be using such an outdated version of Vanilla, which may contain a range of security issues.

You should install the latest version of Vanilla on your server, which is very straightforward to do without the automated application manager.

Ask away if you are unsure how to go about this.

• Options
    AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP

@RussMartin, as @whu606 has pointed out, you are using a version of Vanilla that needs to be upgraded as soon as possible. In terms of removing gender, you just need to add the following to your custom.css of your theme:

li.Gender {
    display:none !important;
    }

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

@whu606 said:
    may contain a range of security issues.

Does. Absolutely does contain horrifying, easily exploitable security issues.

• Options

2.0 eeek you don't want that.

grep is your friend.