Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

"Permission Denied" error related to YAGA?

edited December 2015 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello,

When I first upgraded my forums to 2.2 most users were unable to login, getting "permission denied" errors when they tried to do so. I mention this here because disabling YAGA stopped the problem immediately. Strangely my account never gets this error, only other users. I tried installing the development version of YAGA (from Nov 17) and the same error appeared again. Let me know if you need more information or if you have any insights as to what the problem could be.

Thank you

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Thanks for trying my addon!

Do you use Ranks?

If so, mind sharing your Rank configuration with me?

You can use the export tool in the main Yaga settings page to generate a transport file to share.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Yes, we did use Ranks, at least for a brief time. I started with the included example import and tweaked it.

I'll re-enable YAGA and export a transport file for you tonight or tomorrow morning.

Thank you!

• Here's my exported YAGA settings

Thanks again!

• FYI I'm able to run the dev version of YAGA on Vanilla 2.2 with no issues, after turning off the Ranks function.

• I get this same issue. Would love to "turn on" YAGA again in my forum. Wonder if I should try turning off ranks?

• RodSloanRodSloan New
    edited February 2016

I get the same error, and my debug points to the '_GrantPermission()' function in yaga/settings/class.hooks.php:

$TempPerms = unserialize($User->Permissions);

I can stop the problem by resetting my rank, but if I change my rank to another one it causes the same error. Another temporary fix is to return before setting $TempPerms. I'm not sure this has anything to do with the points a user has versus the required points for their rank, but could the issue arise because a user who doesn't have enough points is given a rank?

@hgtonight I can share a more detailed screen shot with you, if it will help.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@RodSloan said:
    I get the same error, and my debug points to the '_GrantPermission()' function in yaga/settings/class.hooks.php:

$TempPerms = unserialize($User->Permissions);

I can stop the problem by resetting my rank, but if I change my rank to another one it causes the same error. Another temporary fix is to return before setting $TempPerms. I'm not sure this has anything to do with the points a user has versus the required points for their rank, but could the issue arise because a user who doesn't have enough points is given a rank?

I can share a more detailed screen shot with you, if it will help.

Yaga 1.0.3 doesn't support Vanilla 2.2. The development version of Yaga 1.1 does support Vanilla 2.2 but is currently in alpha. It is available via the git repository.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.