Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

how to disable html output totally?

jackmaessenjackmaessen ✭✭✭
edited January 2016 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I am using BBCode and my members of the forum are asking if it is possible to write html tags in the textarea without the output of html; so < html > must be outputted literally as it is written with the angular left and right
I already have BBCode enabled:

$Configuration['Garden']['InputFormatter'] = 'BBCode';

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Usually you just create a little button that inserts the character entities &lt; and &gt;.

You could probably do this by modifying the configuration of HTMLawed.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Yes i already found out that when disabling HtmLawed plugin, the output of html is not generated anymore. Everything is outputted literally. But also the code inside the code blocks [code] ...[/code]. And that is just the only thing which should not outputted literally. So i am going to look into HtmLawed and try to make an exception for the code tags

• Options
    jackmaessenjackmaessen ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016

How can i achieve when typing in textarea < and > it is stored in the DB as &lt and &gt after submit?