Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

API in Vanilla 2.2?

NewtexNewtex New
edited January 2016 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I'm trying to figure out how the API works in vanilla. The documentation doesn't seem to apply. I almost always get "Page not found" when trying any of the API calls in the documentation. Most of the calls don't work.

For example:

/discussions/list.json
/categories/list.json

do not work. (Adding /api/v1/ to any of these calls, as suggested by the docs, will make vanilla not even reply in json anymore.)

The documentation mentions that Simple API is a plugin and that it can be configured. Yet, it does not appear in the plugins list.

Can anyone make some sense out of this? Is the documentation outdated?

I just want to get a json of discussions for a certain category.

I've tried this:

/discussions/category.json?CategoryIdentifier=1&page=0

And it sort of works. I do get a json reply back with data in it, but the category identifier is ignored. (Always replies with all categories / Recent discussions.)

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited January 2016

API v1 is available only via the Simple API plugin which is only on cloud. That said, most of what you want can be done without the plugin, which really just provides a nice authentication token, "Smart IDs", and logical mapping. For instance, instead of /discussions/list.json just use /discussions.json. Basically, any "page" you view can be re-rendered using JSON by appending .json to the root of the URL directory.

API v2 is coming in 2.4, and will be global (including open source).

• Options

Ok, thanks for clearing that up.