Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Related Discussions : Vanilla 2

Hello,

I am looking for a plugin Related Discussions for 2 vanilla.

Could you tell me if it exists. This is an important point, and I think essential to the forums.

thank you for your answer

Christophe

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Yes, somehow. You need to use this plugin which is really powerful but not trivial to set up. And you will not be able to use it in a shared hosting environment: you'll need at least a VPS.

You can see screenshots here

• 80% of forums are hosted on shared servers. Why this choice and how to have a shared server system running on?

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@ToF The search functionality uses MySQL fulltext search. You could use this method to get related discussions on a shared server. The results would be relatively low quality.

Sphinx Search is a full featured search engine that stores data about discussions/comments and returns high quality results. It uses some packages that are not installed on most shared servers.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• ok thank for the information