Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Search engines Bing and Yahoo shows links like feed.rss

steamsteam www.planamigo.org - #1 foro planes amigo
edited January 2016 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Can anyone tell me why search engines Bing and Yahoo (now they are joined) have my forum http://www.planamigo.org all categories indexed with feed.rss on the link?
If you do search on Yahoo or Bing by phrase "plan amigo openbank" or "plan amigo ing direct"
On search result link appears with feed.rss on the end like:

www. planamigo. org / categories / Openbank / feed.rss
and
www. planamigo. org / categories / ing-direct / feed.rss

If you make click on the link opens as XML on you browser.

Is a bug in the code or configuration ?
Maybe I need to put on my robots.txt dont index feed.rss ?
Google doesn't have this issue.

Thanks

Answers

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

You could of course put a noindex on those pages.

When I click on an RSS link, my browser automatically parses it and presents me with an opportunity to subscribe to the feed.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Hi @hgtonight, thanks for reply

IE 11 and Firefox shows like you wrote

Chrome and Opera shows like xml...

I've detected with google chrome

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I believed you. I was merely reporting that some browsers find use of the RSS link.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

@hgtonight dijo:
    I believed you. I was merely reporting that some browsers find use of the RSS link.

The trouble is that the search engine shows RSS rather than a link to category or gives preference to RSS
    Besides the users who use chrome or opera 100% will reject the xml page.

I think I have to find the solution to put to noindex these pages in robots file.