Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Email notifications, include subject? Vanilla 2.0.18.8

Hi, using an older version of Vanilla (2.0.18.8) and user comment email notification subject lines look like this:

[name of forum forum] user commented on a discussion.

I'd like it to say user commented on the discussion discussion name

Is this possible? I've looked through a lot of posts and there seems to be solutions for v2.1 and v2.2 but I haven't found an answer for my version.

Many thanks.

Comments

• You really need to update you forum, you are using an insecure version.

grep is your friend.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@milkstudio said:

Is this possible? I've looked through a lot of posts and there seems to be solutions for v2.1 and v2.2 but I haven't found an answer for my version.

Vanilla 2.0.x is incredibly insecure these days. Furthermore, the Vanilla 2.0 Help category is archived, so you will have to include archived discussions when searching:

I would suggest you upgrade.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Thanks for the tip on searching archived posts; unfortunately I didn't find anything in there that pointed to a solution.

The line itself comes from /applications/vanilla/settings/structure.php where the user is referenced as %1$s

Is there a a similar reference that can be added to replace 'a discussion' with the discussion name?