Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

What theme does this site use?

It seems to be great and responsive?

I want to turn off the mobile verson of my site and just have one responsive theme. Is this possible?

thanks

Comments

  • Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New MVP

    This site uses a theme called 'vforg'. It is not licensed for reuse per their license of community code here: https://github.com/vanilla/community#license

    Search first

    Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

    Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

  • Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

    You can force Vanilla to use your desktop theme by setting it as the mobile theme in conf.php

  • Options

    @hgtonight said:
    This site uses a theme called 'vforg'. It is not licensed for reuse per their license of community code here: https://github.com/vanilla/community#license

    Ah thanks, I thought that might be the case. Was it based off a responsive theme or started from scratch?

  • Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New MVP

    @PettyGripesCom said:

    Ah thanks, I thought that might be the case. Was it based off a responsive theme or started from scratch?

    I don't know, but they added the theme in this commit: 46100ca664900bedd424670f51f4797ef9736613

    Search first

    Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

    Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

  • Options

    @hgtonight said:

    @PettyGripesCom said:

    Ah thanks, I thought that might be the case. Was it based off a responsive theme or started from scratch?

    I don't know, but they added the theme in this commit: 46100ca664900bedd424670f51f4797ef9736613

    Thanks, looks like I'll start from scratch. I'm keen on just having one fully responsive theme for everyone.

  • Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

    @PettyGripesCom

    Have a look at this mobile theme, which is a 'souped up' version of the basic mobile theme:

    https://vanillaforums.org/addon/minusbaseline-theme

    It's easy to style to match your main theme, and would save you the effort of reinventing the wheel.

    I use it on our site.

    I would imagine there are always going to be desktop elements that you don't want displayed to mobile devices, so having two separate themes makes sense to me.

  • Options

    @whu606 said:
    @PettyGripesCom

    Have a look at this mobile theme, which is a 'souped up' version of the basic mobile theme:

    https://vanillaforums.org/addon/minusbaseline-theme

    It's easy to style to match your main theme, and would save you the effort of reinventing the wheel.

    I use it on our site.

    I would imagine there are always going to be desktop elements that you don't want displayed to mobile devices, so having two separate themes makes sense to me.

    Thanks I'll have a look. Maybe I'm biased with a large phone, but these days I do favour just having one theme for all users and then hiding / moving some elements for very narrow devices.

  • Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

    @PettyGripesCom

    The great thing about minusbaseline for me is that it does just that.

    Categories are hidden by default, but slide out with a Hamburger menu, and I guess you could add other stuff in there without much trouble.

    It offers the potential of most of what would be available on the desktop, without taking up valuable real-estate, and leaving it to the user to decide if they need to see/use it.

  • Options

    @whu606 said:
    @PettyGripesCom

    The great thing about minusbaseline for me is that it does just that.

    Categories are hidden by default, but slide out with a Hamburger menu, and I guess you could add other stuff in there without much trouble.

    It offers the potential of most of what would be available on the desktop, without taking up valuable real-estate, and leaving it to the user to decide if they need to see/use it.

    Thanks I'm giving it a go. Does look like I'll need to do more work if I use it as stuff like the voting plugin is hidden by default and I want mobile users to be able to see votes and vote. I guess I'll see what is less work to get it working, can be annoying having to make the same change twice everytime I do tweeks.

Sign In or Register to comment.