Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Is there plugin like this?

Hello, sorry for making a new thread again, I've already tried searching but couldn't find what I'm looking for.

Is there a plugin similar to other forums that force a user/visitor to register or login after XX of page views ?

This doesn't apply to bots because it will prevent them from crawling.

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Even if there would be such a plugin, I would not recommend to use it. Years ago this has been common practice for so called "Shareware" software. Those popups are called "nag-screens" and who on earth thinks that nagging visitors makes them to users? If there is no added value for users, why should a visitor become a user? If there are benefits, you should tell that to visitors! Use e.g. the Pockets plugin to add some "As a user you can whatever Register Now!" or simply change the "Howdy Stranger" Message. But don't punish those people you like to see more involved in your community.

• rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭

@R_J - very true.
    I think one could possibly create a list of several advantages of joining and rotate adverts for these. And of course there are all these gasification options made easy with @hgtonight 's YAGA application (which if @maxyaeger used them he would of course be maxYAGAered;-)

@maxyaeger - you now have here enough clues to do your searches in the plugin/application repository - good luck!

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    edited March 2016

I have a hate relationship with Pop-Ups when i enter/leave a website or i just want to read an article. I mean come on, the internet was simply not meant to be a hurdle run to access content.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • BleistivtBleistivt Moderator

You may want to look at my "call to action" plugin, which adds an unobtrusive message after the user has read through a few discussions on your forum:

https://vanillaforums.org/addon/registercta-plugin

• Thanks guys for all the input.