Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Try Vanilla Forums Cloud product
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

Is there plugin like this?

Hello, sorry for making a new thread again, I've already tried searching but couldn't find what I'm looking for.

Is there a plugin similar to other forums that force a user/visitor to register or login after XX of page views ?

This doesn't apply to bots because it will prevent them from crawling.

Comments

• R_JR_J Cheerleader & Troubleshooter Munich Moderator

Even if there would be such a plugin, I would not recommend to use it. Years ago this has been common practice for so called "Shareware" software. Those popups are called "nag-screens" and who on earth thinks that nagging visitors makes them to users? If there is no added value for users, why should a visitor become a user? If there are benefits, you should tell that to visitors! Use e.g. the Pockets plugin to add some "As a user you can whatever Register Now!" or simply change the "Howdy Stranger" Message. But don't punish those people you like to see more involved in your community.

• rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭

@R_J - very true.
    I think one could possibly create a list of several advantages of joining and rotate adverts for these. And of course there are all these gasification options made easy with @hgtonight 's YAGA application (which if @maxyaeger used them he would of course be maxYAGAered;-)

@maxyaeger - you now have here enough clues to do your searches in the plugin/application repository - good luck!

• phreakphreak VanillaAPP - White label iOS and Android App MVP
    edited March 2016

I have a hate relationship with Pop-Ups when i enter/leave a website or i just want to read an article. I mean come on, the internet was simply not meant to be a hurdle run to access content.

• You may want to look at my "call to action" plugin, which adds an unobtrusive message after the user has read through a few discussions on your forum:

https://vanillaforums.org/addon/registercta-plugin

My themes: pure | minusbaseline - My plugins: CSSedit | HTMLedit | InfiniteScroll | BirthdayModule | [all] - PM me about customizations

hgtonightR_Jjackmaessen
  • Thanks guys for all the input.