Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Where is the admin access on vanilla forums?

So, I have searched and can't seem to find the answer to my question. I can't remember how to access the admin panel for my forum. I tried using the login form but, the site will not log me in. I don't even get an error message, the box simply closes. What am I missing? Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

The admin dashboard is at http://forums.example.com/dashboard/settings

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Thanks, but still can't login to the admin area or forums. I don't understand why this is happening nothing changed since my last login. Any ideas?????

• Options
    jackmaessenjackmaessen ✭✭✭
    edited April 2016

so you can't login anymore as admin ?
    Try to clear your cache in your webroot (cache folder). You should delete all the .ini files in there. Then try again to login as admin

• Options

ok, did that and still not able to login as admin.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Can you log in as a non-admin?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    noncenonce Necro-on Forensics

If absolutely no one can log-in.

look at your config.php and disable the plugins by setting the EnabledPlugins that say true to false. If you enabled any applications besides Vanilla or conversations you can set them to false as well.
    change the config statement regarding your theme to default.

If you can login under any user name but not the admin. you can manually promote any user to an Admin via the user table or or user role table via the database.

some of this I gleaned from https://vanillaforums.org/discussion/31153/tutorial-a-fool-proof-way-to-do-a-vanilla-upgrade-from-2-1-to-2-2

• Options
    noncenonce Necro-on Forensics
    edited April 2016

also try this

$Configuration['Garden']['SignIn']['Popup'] = FALSE;

and see where it goes. Might be easier to troubleshoot problem.

and see if you get any error messages in your error log.