HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

Forum appears to have been Hacked

In May 2015 I set up a Forum to used in conjunction with our Web Site http://seawardsquadron.org/

However I never progressed with the development of the Forum and left it dormant.

It would now seem that the Forum has been high-jacked and there are numerous posts which have no connection with our organisation. I fear that it is being used for some Spam activity as our email is DNSBL listed on spamhaus.org.

I have tried to access the Forum with what I think is correct admin account - but this is not recognised.

How can I regain access.

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited April 2016

First, try a password reset over email.

If that doesn't work, go to the database (commonly using phpMyAdmin). Find your owner admin account (sort by UserID and it'll be a very low number). Change the 'Password' field for that row to a new password, and 'HashMethod' to Text.

If you cannot find the owner admin account, create a new row. Add the Name, Email, Password & HashMethod (as above), and set the Admin and Verified fields to 1. If you plan to continue using the account, I also recommend adding a date to DateInserted.

You should now be able to login.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

If you need to make a new owner admin, I also recommend searching for any other users with Admin = 1 and deleting those accounts immediately if you do not have control over them. Otherwise the next utility/update may disable your admin status since you are not the lowest UserID "owner".