Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

wysiwyg in advanced editor

I am using Vanilla 2.2, Advanced Editor in WYIWYG mode and trying to add the Spoiler Addon.

The spoiler button in in advanced editor wraps one div around the selected text.
The spoiler addon wraps bbcode around the selected text which is then converted into 4 nested divs.

How can I get the advanced editor spoiler button to either wrap 4 divs around the selected text
or to wrap bbcode around it?

Thanks

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

The advanced editor contains all the functionality of the Spoilers addon.

They are not designed to work together.

The spoiler functionality is located under the paragraph icon.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Yes, I want to replace the Advanced Editor spoiler with this spoiler.
    1. I prefer the visual style of this spoiler which requires additional divs.
    2. I want to learn how to wrap more than one div around selected text to apply to other functions. I want to do this with more than just the Spoiler.

@dell17 said:
    Yes, I want to replace the Advanced Editor spoiler with this spoiler.
    1. I prefer the visual style of this spoiler which requires additional divs.
    2. I want to learn how to wrap more than one div around selected text to apply to other functions. I want to do this with more than just the Spoiler.

1. Changing the visual style should just require CSS changes, not markup.
    2. Why could you possibly need 4 wrapping divs? Mind sharing what you are trying to do?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• BleistivtBleistivt Moderator

Just wait for Vanilla 2.3 (or test the beta).
    Spoiler support has been completely pulled into the core and it uses the style you prefer.

• This can be closed.

I switched to the newest version of tinymce and it solved my issue. If I get time I'll turn it into a plugin and upload it. The advanced editor is great but I think tiny is a bit better and much easier to customize. I also tried CKeditor. Horrible. Don't try it. I read a similar comment from @hgtonight but I tried anyways and wasted a ton of time.

The spoilers on this page take 4 divs.
    https://vanillaforums.org/discussion/30462/initial-state-of-button-is-show-while-the-hidden-text-itself-is-revealed
    Same if you install the spoiler addon. That is what I was trying to do.

I think this current page will accomplish the same visual with a single div. Is this page 2.3?

[spoiler]
    test
    [/spoiler]

I tried the 2.3 beta. I ran into fatal errors creating categories on a fresh install. I decided it wasn't ready for production and switched to 2.2. I heavily customized 2.2. Unless the plugin migration process from 2.2 > 2.3 is easy (is it?) I think I'm married to 2.2.

• I was wrong, spoiler on this page is 4 divs too.

This page reports itself as 2.2.112.2 which is a hosted version and correlates roughly to OS 2.3.

Search first