Standalone Vanilla Forum Installation (Admin Locked Out Issue Resolved)
I have a standalone vanilla forum on my server. I never used vanilla forums before last week. When I installed vanilla forums on my server, I have to face a major issue which is 'Admin Locked Out'. Then I came to this forum and read many topics but couldn't find a solution. I am a newbie, may be I didn't understand many of the solution given by other users. After many re installations and tries. I found a solution and I am sharing it now. It may be not the right way but it works. It's mostly for newbies like me.
- Upload vanilla forum files on your hosting server.
- Go to your domain and fill the fields in installation wizard and complete the installation.
- Once you installed it successfully, you will be redirected to admin dashboard.
- Don't logout your user, It's very important. If you logout now you will never able to sign in to admin area again.
- In admin dashboard, go to 'User' tab, where you will find two users. First is the one you created during installation and other is named as 'system'.
- Click edit on admin user you created. you will see user fields and some check boxes.
- Make sure the 'Administrator' check box on "Roles" section is ticked. save the settings.
- Now select the 'system' user and click on edit.
- You will see the same fields and check boxes like before.
- Change the username and email address. Don't use the same email address you used for your admin user. use different one.
- Now on 'Roles' section tick the 'Administrator'.
- Scroll down and go to 'password options' and change the password using "Manually set user password. No email notification."
- Save the settings.
- The work is done. Now both of the users are admins. You can use anyone of them to login and you will see dashboard link in your front end menu.
Hope everyone will enjoy my trick.