Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Users who sign up with a hotmail account don't receive a verification email

Anyone had problems with users with a hotmail account that don't receive an email for verification ? Gmail accounts and other accounts work good so far . It's just the hotmail account. I appreciate your help.

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Hotmail and Outlook had a huge bust this summer where people were inundated with spam . It might be in their spam filter . But there should be a record of sent mail. Not received is not the same as not sent.

• I can imagine that but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this with hotmail users. Thanks for your response. I really appreciate your follow ups. It's good to get to know people you can rely on. Awesome.

• Are you using using an SMTP server or your website's default mail server to send outgoing email from your Vanilla Forums?

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• I'm using my website's default mail server. The picture below shows the 2 changes I made in my hotmail account. It started working after that, then I reversed the 2 changes and it continued to work. Now I need to test it on a guest to see what happens...strange, I don't really know what solved it for me.