Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Users who sign up with a hotmail account don't receive a verification email

Anyone had problems with users with a hotmail account that don't receive an email for verification ? Gmail accounts and other accounts work good so far . It's just the hotmail account. I appreciate your help.

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Hotmail and Outlook had a huge bust this summer where people were inundated with spam . It might be in their spam filter . But there should be a record of sent mail. Not received is not the same as not sent.

• Options

I can imagine that but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this with hotmail users. Thanks for your response. I really appreciate your follow ups. It's good to get to know people you can rely on. Awesome.

• Options

Are you using using an SMTP server or your website's default mail server to send outgoing email from your Vanilla Forums?

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• Options

I'm using my website's default mail server. The picture below shows the 2 changes I made in my hotmail account. It started working after that, then I reversed the 2 changes and it continued to work. Now I need to test it on a guest to see what happens...strange, I don't really know what solved it for me.