Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Mailchecker Plugin

Hello,
I'm getting the following error by using this plugin:

Fatal Error in MailcheckerPlugin.updateList();

syntax error, unexpected ';'
The error occurred on or near: /var/www/html/videohifi/forum/cache/mailchecker/list.php
1: <?php $providerList = ;
Backtrace:
[/var/www/html/videohifi/forum/plugins/mailchecker/class.mailchecker.plugin.php:45] MailcheckerPlugin->updateList();
[/var/www/html/videohifi/forum/library/core/class.dispatcher.php:313] MailcheckerPlugin->settingsController_mailchecker_create();
[/var/www/html/videohifi/forum/index.php:44] Gdn_Dispatcher->dispatch();

I'm on ubuntu 16.04
Vanilla 2.3
Php 7

Whats wrong?
Thank you

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Please ask your questions by clicking the "Ask a Question" button on the plugins page. That way the author will be notified about your question.

While reading "MailChecker" I thought to myself that this name is so silly, it could have been my plugin, I was surprised to see that I'm in fact the author =)

This is the code where there are errors:

// Get main list from GitHub.
            $url = 'https://raw.githubusercontent.com/FGRibreau/mailchecker/master/list.json';
            $bareboneList = proxyRequest($url);
            // Convert to array.
            $list = '<?php $providerList = '.$bareboneList.';';

There is no error handling in there which seems like a bad idea now. I can think of only two reasons why it could fail:
    1. You are running your forum in a test environment without internet access
    2. You do not have installed the curl extension for PHP

I guess you would know if you are offline, so number two is more probable...

• Yesterday, I tried to register a new user, and gave me a fatal error, i realized that the problem was php-curl, after installing it, I also solved the problem with MailChecker

Nice plugin, gj
    Thanks you