Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Mailchecker Plugin

Hello,
I'm getting the following error by using this plugin:

Fatal Error in MailcheckerPlugin.updateList();

syntax error, unexpected ';'
The error occurred on or near: /var/www/html/videohifi/forum/cache/mailchecker/list.php
1: <?php $providerList = ;
Backtrace:
[/var/www/html/videohifi/forum/plugins/mailchecker/class.mailchecker.plugin.php:45] MailcheckerPlugin->updateList();
[/var/www/html/videohifi/forum/library/core/class.dispatcher.php:313] MailcheckerPlugin->settingsController_mailchecker_create();
[/var/www/html/videohifi/forum/index.php:44] Gdn_Dispatcher->dispatch();

I'm on ubuntu 16.04
Vanilla 2.3
Php 7

Whats wrong?
Thank you

Comments

• Options

Up

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Please ask your questions by clicking the "Ask a Question" button on the plugins page. That way the author will be notified about your question.

While reading "MailChecker" I thought to myself that this name is so silly, it could have been my plugin, I was surprised to see that I'm in fact the author =)

This is the code where there are errors:

// Get main list from GitHub.
            $url = 'https://raw.githubusercontent.com/FGRibreau/mailchecker/master/list.json';
            $bareboneList = proxyRequest($url);
            // Convert to array.
            $list = '<?php $providerList = '.$bareboneList.';';

There is no error handling in there which seems like a bad idea now. I can think of only two reasons why it could fail:
    1. You are running your forum in a test environment without internet access
    2. You do not have installed the curl extension for PHP

I guess you would know if you are offline, so number two is more probable...

• Options

Yesterday, I tried to register a new user, and gave me a fatal error, i realized that the problem was php-curl, after installing it, I also solved the problem with MailChecker

Nice plugin, gj
    Thanks you