HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to limit the number of threads and comments that a member can publish?

I wish that in a Vanilla 2.3 forum every member had a maximum number of threads and comments for each week. This can help me to limit meaningless interventions. So, is there someone who can help me?

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

You can use the built in Flood Control: https://forum.example.com/vanilla/settings/floodcontrol

The view doesn't give you an option beyond 4 minutes, but I don't see anything immediately jumping out that would prevent you setting say (7 * 24 * 60 * 60) seconds in the SpamCheck and a higher thread count.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• unfortunately flood control does not satisfy the request, unless you can change the default values

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@Olivaw said:
    unfortunately flood control does not satisfy the request, unless you can change the default values

Sorry I wasn't explicit. You can modify the values directly in the /conf/config.php file. The values you are looking for are:

$Configuration['Conversations']['Conversation']['SpamCount'] = '2';
    $Configuration['Conversations']['Conversation']['SpamTime'] = '30';
    $Configuration['Conversations']['Conversation']['SpamLock'] = '60';
    $Configuration['Conversations']['ConversationMessage']['SpamCount'] = '2';
    $Configuration['Conversations']['ConversationMessage']['SpamTime'] = '30';
    $Configuration['Conversations']['ConversationMessage']['SpamLock'] = '60';
    $Configuration['Vanilla']['Discussion']['SpamCount'] = '30';
    $Configuration['Vanilla']['Discussion']['SpamTime'] = '240';
    $Configuration['Vanilla']['Discussion']['SpamLock'] = '120';
    $Configuration['Vanilla']['Comment']['SpamCount'] = '5';
    $Configuration['Vanilla']['Comment']['SpamTime'] = '60';
    $Configuration['Vanilla']['Comment']['SpamLock'] = '120';

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.