Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Is it possible to edit the profile page?

LordGrepLordGrep New
edited March 2017 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hey folks.

I am looking for a way to edit the Profile page (and that page alone).

I am using 2.3 and a one click theme.

I am trying to have make a profile page with larger question and answer fields visible. At the moment everything is squeezed up in to the column, and there is no word wrap. Ideally what I want to do is widen the bar, to allow for the display of more information, and also enable word wrap.

The other thing I would like to do is allow larger text boxes in the "edit profile" page. So that users can write and "about me" thing.

I am not the best with scripts, but I am happy to learn. My issue is I just don't really know how these pages are generated or perhaps more importantly where they are generated, so I can go and have a go at editing. Also I am wondering if the themes will just override any changes I attempt.

Can anyone help?

[EDIT] I thought inculding the page might just help HERE it is, so you can see the issue.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited March 2017

@LordGrep

Welcome to the community.

A couple of starting points.

You might want to have a look at this plugin:

https://open.vanillaforums.com/addon/myprofile-plugin to see how far it does what you want.

For cusotm changes, most of the time, changes can be made via CSS.

If you have a custom theme, this is done via the custom.css file in the Design folder of the theme.

If you don't have a custom them, you can either create one (very straightforward) or use the CSSEdit plugin to add rules. (Totally straightforward.

If you know how to use a web inspector, or are prepared to figure it out (it's not tricky, honest) you will be 3/4 of the way to your solution.

Vanilla allows you to make css changes to specific pages by appending the page name to the rule.

So, on your page, the panel box is affected by this :

body.Profile #Panel {
    new rule(s) goes here
    }

It looks like your page is using minified css, so you may need to find a way to turn it off or refresh it to see any css changes you make.

• Options
    edy123edy123 New York,NY New

How do i replace default profile with this plugin?

@whu606 said:
    @LordGrep

Welcome to the community.

A couple of starting points.

You might want to have a look at this plugin:

https://open.vanillaforums.com/addon/myprofile-plugin to see how far it does what you want.

For cusotm changes, most of the time, changes can be made via CSS.

If you have a custom theme, this is done via the custom.css file in the Design folder of the theme.

If you don't have a custom them, you can either create one (very straightforward) or use the CSSEdit plugin to add rules. (Totally straightforward.

If you know how to use a web inspector, or are prepared to figure it out (it's not tricky, honest) you will be 3/4 of the way to your solution.

Vanilla allows you to make css changes to specific pages by appending the page name to the rule.

So, on your page, the panel box is affected by this :

body.Profile #Panel {
    new rule(s) goes here
    }

It looks like your page is using minified css, so you may need to find a way to turn it off or refresh it to see any css changes you make.