Vanilla 2.6 is here
! It includes security fixes and requires PHP 7.0. We have therefore ALSO released Vanilla 2.5.2
with security patches if you are still on PHP 5.6 to give you additional time to upgrade.
Beta Testing FeedDiscussion Plus Plugin
We've been using this plugin in our intranet for a while. I removed internal references and converted it for public use.
It is now on github for those inclined to test a new plugin. I am seeking feedback before I upload it to the plugin repository.
Here are the main features:
- Support for both ATOM and RSS encoded feeds
- Support for compressed feeds
- Individual settings for each feed
- Filtering of content imported into the Vanilla forum based on specified keywords
- Optional setting of minimal number of words per imported feed item (to avoid teaser feed items)
- Optional limit on the number of items imported per feed
- Option to show the feed's/site's logo in the imported discussion and discussion list
- Option to remove linked images from the imported feeds
- Option to set server window hours when feeds are imported
- Option to disable individual feeds (while keeping their definitions rather than deleting them)
- Admin button to initiate a manual feed import
- Detailed report of administrator's initiated feed imports
- Support for cron initiated feed imports
- List of defined feeds are sorted alphabetically with the active feeds on top
- Attempt to autodiscover feeds of entered url (relies on website using feed referral tags).
A shout of recognition to Tim from the Vanila team for his FeedDiscussion plugin which inspired me to develop this plugin.