Beta Testing FeedDiscussion Plus Plugin
We've been using this plugin in our intranet for a while. I removed internal references and converted it for public use.
It is now on github for those inclined to test a new plugin. I am seeking feedback before I upload it to the plugin repository.
Here are the main features:
- Support for both ATOM and RSS encoded feeds
- Support for compressed feeds
- Individual settings for each feed
- Filtering of content imported into the Vanilla forum based on specified keywords
- Optional setting of minimal number of words per imported feed item (to avoid teaser feed items)
- Optional limit on the number of items imported per feed
- Option to show the feed's/site's logo in the imported discussion and discussion list
- Option to remove linked images from the imported feeds
- Option to set server window hours when feeds are imported
- Option to disable individual feeds (while keeping their definitions rather than deleting them)
- Admin button to initiate a manual feed import
- Detailed report of administrator's initiated feed imports
- Support for cron initiated feed imports
- List of defined feeds are sorted alphabetically with the active feeds on top
- Attempt to autodiscover feeds of entered url (relies on website using feed referral tags).
A shout of recognition to Tim from the Vanila team for his FeedDiscussion plugin which inspired me to develop this plugin.