Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

CAPTCHA

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2007
    No, there shouldn't be any problem.

There might have been a mistake in the upgrader of the 0.2.0 or 0.2.1, that I fixed in 0.2.1a.

Can you tell me if you have the CaptchaDisableDescription field in the user table, and if $Configuration['CAPTCHA_FLITE_PATH'] and $Configuration['CAPTCHA_AUDIO_PATH'] are in /conf/settings.php ?
  • Options
    @Dino: thank you for the feedback. In conf/settings.php: $Configuration['CAPTCHA_AUDIO_PATH'] = '/tmp/'; $Configuration['CAPTCHA_FLITE_PATH'] = 'NONE'; In my database, there is indeed a table named "LUM_User", which has a field named "CaptchaDisableDescription".
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Sorry, it must have been a mistake in the version 0.2.0 or 0.2.1
    so, you just need to set $Configuration['CAPTCHA_VERSION'] = '2.0'
  • Options
    @Dinoboff: yes, you were right - in my conf/settings.php I had: $Configuration['CAPTCHA_VERSION'] = '0.1' Changing it manually to: $Configuration['CAPTCHA_VERSION'] = '2.0' then uploading the latest version (0.2.1a) worked fine! It is compatible with Vanilla 1.1.2! Many thanks, and keep up the good work!
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I'm trying to install the newest version of CAPTCHA straight out of the 'add-on box' and getting the same error as icouto, except it appears that my DB does not have the CaptchaDisableDescription field. Do i have to create this manually?

If I create this manually through phpmyadmin, is there anything else I need to know/do?
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Got the entry in the DB, now the CAPTCHA doesn't show on the reg form.... Edit: I'm an noob. Didn't realize you had to turn it on next to enabling the extension.
  • Options
    Development of this extension seems to have stopped - that is a great shame. There seems to be a couple of very clever open-source php captcha libraries out there, which do very nifty things out-of-the-box - like, for instance, ask easy math questions (one plus two equals?), obvious questions (what is John Smith's first name?) instead of using pictures and relying on external libraries. It would be wonderful if someone were to take up development of this once again.
This discussion has been closed.