Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Try Vanilla Forums Cloud product

Ready to contribute?

Amazing! Sign our contributors' agreement and then join us on GitHub.

Update for critical security issue in PHPMailer included in release Vanilla 2.3.1

Introducing the Feed Discussion Plus plugin

This discussion is related to the Feed Discussions Plus addon.
rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one"NJ ✭✭✭

The Feed Discussions Plus plugin was created with the intent of increasing forum engagement by importing relevant information from multiple external sources.
You can import feeds from sites that support RSS, Twitter Feeds, and YouTube channels.
Each feed import definition has its own settings -- to which category to save the imported items, how frequent to check for new items, which filters must be satisfied to save new discussions, and several other options. Read the included guide for more information (click "Readme" on the plugin admin screen).

Comments

• Hi @rbrahmson your plugin support rss feed group facebook,

Regards,

zulash
  • rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NJ ✭✭✭

Hi @terabytefrelance,
    Thanks for using my plugin. is this a question?;-)
    The short answer is no. The long answer is not yet... How would you like this to work?

• There is some way to select the news to import with the plugin without any filter.

• rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NJ ✭✭✭

Sure, filters of any type (OR filters, AND filters) or "Minimum number of words" are optional. If not specified the entire feed will be imported.

BTW, I'm working on the next version (adding functionality not yet imported from our intranet).

• The idea that I raised would be good that it would motre all the feed that can be imported and that could be selected which ones are imported, it would be great, it works excellent.

I'm not sure I understand... please explain.
    Does the plugin work for you?

BTW, next version will include a text file with hundreds of news feed sites urls.

• edited November 13

If it works well, although in some feeds it only matters the description and not the content example:

<item>
        <title>UE prepara sanciones selectivas contra funcionarios de Venezuela</title>
        <link>http://efectococuyo.com/politica/ue-prepara-sanciones-selectivas-contra-funcionarios-de-venezuela</link>
        <comments>http://efectococuyo.com/politica/ue-prepara-sanciones-selectivas-contra-funcionarios-de-venezuela#respond</comments>
        <pubDate>Mon, 13 Nov 2017 13:19:41 +0000</pubDate>
        <dc:creator><![CDATA[Efecto Cocuyo &#124; @efectococuyo]]></dc:creator>
                <category><![CDATA[Política]]></category>
        <category><![CDATA[Principales]]></category>
        <category><![CDATA[Crtisis]]></category>
        <category><![CDATA[democracia]]></category>
        <category><![CDATA[dialogo]]></category>
        <category><![CDATA[Dictadura]]></category>
        <category><![CDATA[Embargo de Armas]]></category>
        <category><![CDATA[Europa]]></category>
        <category><![CDATA[Negociación]]></category>
        <category><![CDATA[Represión]]></category>
        <category><![CDATA[Sanciones]]></category>
        <category><![CDATA[UE]]></category>
        <category><![CDATA[Venezuela]]></category>

<guid isPermaLink="false">http://efectococuyo.com/?p=132495</guid>
        <description><![CDATA[Los ministros puntualizaron que podrán dar marcha atrás a las sanciones "en función de la evolución de la situación en el país".]]></description>
        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Los<strong> ministros de Exteriores de la Unión Europea (UE)</strong> respaldaron este lunes, 13 de noviembre, las<strong> sanciones a Venezuela</strong>, como un embargo de armas y de material que pueda utilizarse para la &#8220;represión interna&#8221;, así como un marco legal para imponer <strong>medidas selectivas</strong> contra los responsables. &#8220;Además de los esfuerzos políticos y diplomáticos para apoyar una <strong>salida pacífica negociada a la crisis política</strong>, el Consejo ha decidido hoy por unanimidad adoptar medidas restrictivas, subrayando su preocupación por la situación en el país&#8221;, anunciaron los ministros de los Veintiocho en un comunicado.</p></content:encoded>

edited November 13

Ah, I now understand what you want. The plugin clearly states that term filters work on the title, not the content. I can make this change for you but clearly searching multiple words on longer text would have some performance cost. So I'd probably make it an option.

Would that be OK?

• I see it easier, if the filter is applied to the title, the complement should import all the feed of that title, not only the description, but also all its content, and apologize for my bad English.

No problem, I understand and will support it in the next version.in the meantime I sent you a pm with a change you can make right now to have your request in the current version.