Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Custom login page

This discussion was created from comments split from: Custom Login Page.

Comments

• Options

I just tried making changes to applications/dashboard/views/entry/signin.php and applications/dashboard/views/entry/signin2.php; the changes do not show up even if I refresh my browser.

Is there a server-side cache I need to clear out?

Also, the form I ultimately want to integrate into this uses bootstrap and jquery. Where would I put the needed includes?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

JP

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@toolsmythe said:
    I just tried making changes to applications/dashboard/views/entry/signin.php and applications/dashboard/views/entry/signin2.php; the changes do not show up even if I refresh my browser.

The person helping you with that has to take responsibility when you will not be able to update to the next Vanilla version.
    Please read about custom themes.

@toolsmythe said:
    Is there a server-side cache I need to clear out?

Well, please read about custom themes. There shouldn't be such a problem if you are doing it right.

@toolsmythe said:
    Also, the form I ultimately want to integrate into this uses bootstrap and jquery. Where would I put the needed includes?

Do you know that there is a Bootstrap based theme? Wouldn't it make sense to start with that?
    Do you know that Bootstrap is one of the most heavy-weight frameworks? Using it for one or two simple pages is overkill (resulting in a poor page performance)
    Vanilla already uses jQuery.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

JP

Please search the forum why it is encouraged to not change Vanillas core files and why it is better to stick with CSS changes whenever possible. The Bootstrap theme is very well done and should be a good starting point.

• Options

Thanks R_J