HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla 2.5 is now available

2»

Comments

• Replace $Configuration['EnabledLocales']['vf_ru'] = 'ru' with $Configuration['Garden']['Locale'] = 'en-US' in config.php and it works perfectly. What can be wrong with russian locale?

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE UPGRADING AND NEED ASSISTANCE, PLEASE START A NEW DISCUSSION.

• IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE UPGRADING AND NEED ASSISTANCE, PLEASE START A NEW DISCUSSION.

Ok, started new discussion

• is it safe to upgrade from 2.3.1?

• Also, will the new api eventually brake old plugins as the releases continue? (eg 2.6, 2.7, etc)
    And, where can I learn about how to use this api?

• VV_YuriVV_Yuri Russia New
    edited February 2018

In my opinion, the Vanilla does not have marketing. Yes, the program code can be interesting for programmers, but if it is presented in ascetic form in a standard installation, it does not contribute to the popularization of the forum engine Vanilla.

Add-ons can extend the functionality of the forum engine, but it's wrong to shift the missing functions in the engine to them - this negatively affects the marketing image of the product.

The Vanilla in the standard installation should have a modern and user-friendly, adaptive design, as well as a set of all the main functions of the modern forum engine.

Many years ago such a method made the unknown engine SMF very popular (now the SMF project is in stagnation).

I wish the Vanilla gain the same popularity.

• GermontGermont New
    edited February 2018

I agree! There are really basic features that shouldn't be tied to an addon. Like it is with open link in new tab, dofollow for certain links. If a forum can't do these simple things, then what is it good for? Now I have to pay a php coder to solve them :(

• VV_YuriVV_Yuri Russia New

@Germont написал:
    I agree! There are really basic features that shouldn't be tied to an addon. Like it is with open link in new tab, dofollow for certain links. If a forum can't do these simple things, then what is it good for? Now I have to pay a php coder to solve them :(

Now there is a problem with free modern forum engines. Vanilla is modern and it could be very popular, but the asceticism of the basic version and the absolutely "non-commodity" image do not give it a chance to become popular in the Russian community.