Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Try Vanilla Forums Cloud product

Page Not Found in 2.5.2 dashboard

Hi,

I have just installed 2.5.2 and I am getting
"Page Not Found
The page you were looking for could not be found." on visiting site

Comments

  • whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... Moderator

    Try enabling one of the addons, if you can get to the dashboard page:

    siteaddress/dashboard/settings

    That worked for me on a test install.

  • LincLinc Director of Development Detroit Vanilla Staff

    What is the URL of where you are getting "Page Not Found"?

    Have you cleared the cache folder?

    What version were you on before? (If it was lower than 2.5, you also need to delete a file).

  • LincLinc Director of Development Detroit Vanilla Staff

    @whu606 said:
    That worked for me on a test install.

    Are you reporting you also did an upgrade to 2.5.2 and got an unexplained 404?

  • @whu606 said:
    Try enabling one of the addons, if you can get to the dashboard page:

    siteaddress/dashboard/settings

    That worked for me on a test install.

    yes.it worked.
    however, ideally it should work without enabling any plugin.

  • @Linc said:
    What is the URL of where you are getting "Page Not Found"?

    Have you cleared the cache folder?

    What version were you on before? (If it was lower than 2.5, you also need to delete a file).

    URL: http://{domain_name}/{sub_dir}
    it is fresh install,So cache folder was empty by default

  • whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... Moderator
    edited May 15

    @Linc

    It was a clean install of 2.5.1 on a Windows XAMPP set up.

    The issue had come up on here before, which is how I knew to try activating an addon.

    jeongwee
  • edited May 15

    Now that I think about it I had the same issue when doing a clean install of 2.5.1 in XAMPP last week, but I managed to solve it the same way without thinking twice at that moment. :confused:

    Ah, but I think it was the discussions application I activated not a plugin.

  • jeongweejeongwee Vanilla version 2.6 ✭✭

    @whu606 said:
    @Linc

    It was a clean install of 2.5.1 on a Windows XAMPP set up.

    The issue had come up on here before, which is how I knew to try activating an addon.

    I just have the same issue on 2.6 , and this answer help me fixed it.

Sign In or Register to comment.