Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Unable to install vanilla 2.6

anur_panur_p New
edited May 2018 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

hi folks,
I am a c# / c++ Unity developer and have been trying to get this forum up for local use of my team.

I am able to see only a 404 error when I navigate to the forum directory on the browser.

I am using xampp and had to change the default port to 8080 as 80 was blocked on my system.
I am able to see the rest of the xampp home pages and have configured MySQL properly.

Also when I opened the readme it says that this directory cannot be copied and needs to be built with composer and asks me to download
the pre built version. I tried with different pre built versions but no use. And in the readme files of the pre built versions also I see the same comment about building with composer. So am I downloading the wrong installation ?
Please help.

Comments

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited May 2018

This has been reported on GitHub,

https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla/issues/7258

so hopefully someone will look at it soon.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Hey @anur_p, you should be able to rename .htaccess.dist to .htaccess and I think that'll let you work around it. Sorry about that, hoping to get a patched version of 2.6 up on Monday.

• jeongweejeongwee Vanilla version 2.6 ✭✭
    edited May 2018

ngnix 2.6 vanilla , same here failed to install.404 Not Found

• same here, 404 not found error on local XAMPP system. Renaming .htaccess.dist to .htaccess don't work.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

Renaming the 2.6 htaccess file worked for me (and others that I know of), so there must be something else wrong in your set up.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

We found the root cause and are fixing it for a patch release. Thanks for your patience.