Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Van 2.6, WordPress Van Plugin V: 1.1.18, Wordpress 4.9.7 - Auto Sign-in stopped working

Hello, Long shot... anyone doing SSO Auto sign-in with:
Vanilla 2.6
WordPress Plugin: 1.1.18
WordPress 4.9.7

I'm trying to determine if the WordPress Auto Update to 4.9.7 is the culprit of my forum Auto Sign-In all the sudden not working.

Details:

• Everything seems to work, except if I am logged into WordPress, Hitting the vanilla forum no longer logs me in auto-magically.

Comments

• Options

Note: I do see in the help docs:
    https://docs.vanillaforums.com/help/sso/jsconnect/

Where it says that just landing on the page does not log you in... and you are supposed to use the "/sso" link:

Can we use multiple SSO connections?

Absolutely. However, only one can be the default, which is what will trigger when /sso is used.

How do we have seamless sign-in for users who go directly to the forum?

If you’ve followed all the steps above, the only way a user can be not signed into the forum while signed into your main site is if they sign into your site separately and then manually visit the forum by typing in the address manually or clicking a browser bookmark. In this scenario, they would need to click a prompt to finish forum sign-in.

However, I am 100% sure that this was working for a few months without hitting /sso and just simply landing on the <mydomain.com/> root. ??

tldr;
    In my vanilla installations (2.3), I had to use @x00's plugin "jsconnect auto signin" to get this feature to work. For 6.2, it just worked without it. However, now it is not working and I suspect wordpress auto-update. The issue is that a lot of people will just simply go straight to the forum, and I want the forum to respect wordpress's 14 day 'remember me' login.

• Options

@Linc and @x00 I think it's time you guys got together and either updated the jsconnect Auto Sign-In, or introduce a core feature auto-login to the default authenticater. At the very least, we need something on GIT so that we can update with version changes.