HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

stuck in the jsconnect php implementation

I followed the documentation to installed basically everything I need. Now, I have a good response from my endpoint by the test url. That is the result i got:

test({"email":"ysun276@wisc.edu","ip":"127.0.0.1","name":"Lulu Zhou","nonce":"jsconnect_5b88380cbe03e8.00925007","photourl":"","uniqueid":"ysun276@wisc.edu","client_id":"1635577339","sig":"b23b67ca38fdeb2f15cbec8ec0340a8b","v":"2"})

However, I still cannot make the forum sign in. Every time I click the 'sign in with xxx', it directs me back to my own sign in webpage. And even if I sign in at my own webpage again, it just directs to my own dashboard instead of the forum. I am stuck that how i can direct my webpage to the forum. It seems like I missed something important.

Comments

• donovanbdonovanb
    edited August 2018

Hi, you posted this in 'Development'.. what version of vanilla are you using?

Ignoring the redirects at the moment... if you are logged in at your own dashboard.. AND
    If your vanilla app is 6.2.1, trying going to:

http://<yourforumdomain>/<yourforumpath>/sso

The SSO on the end is what logs you on in 6.2.1.

Donovan

• yuesyues New
    edited August 2018

Thank you to point it out. I will move the post to 'Vanilla 2.5 Help'.
    My vanilla is 2.5.3 so I cannot find the path to 'sso' in my forum folder...

• 2.5.3 probably utilizes the /sso path as well (though I haven't checked)... so, assuming you are logged into your endpoint, just append /sso to your forum URL and see if you log in.

• Thank you but it still does not work. If I append /sso to my forum URL, 'Not Found' will pop out. Then I put a detailed version of my work, I will appreciate if you can help on that post.
    https://open.vanillaforums.com/discussion/36606/problem-in-setting-up-sso-with-jsconnect#latest