Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Try Vanilla Forums Cloud product
Please upgrade to 2.3 here. The 2.2 and earlier branches are no longer being updated.

Need Help!!!!

I ran into some problems when testing vanilla.
One of the big ones being that A moderator can delete all of the content of an Admin.
Also... I need to have the option for a moderator not to be able to ban another moderator.

Is it possible?

Comments

• R_JR_J Cheerleader & Troubleshooter Munich Moderator

You would have to create a custom plugin for that.

Or find trustworthy moderators...

• PCTipsGRPCTipsGR New
    edited September 17

@vincitytaymodaimo said:
    I ran into some problems when testing vanilla.
    One of the big ones being that A moderator can delete all of the content of an Admin.
    Also... I need to have the option for a moderator not to be able to ban another moderator.

Is it possible?

@R_J then said:
    You would have to create a custom plugin for that.

Or find trustworthy moderators...

I agree. Seriously now, that is what moderators are for, managing the forum and content, and if you do not want that, don't have moderators on your site :lol:

BTW, I think an Admin can revoke moderator activities and restore content.

• rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭

If you worry about admin discussions designed to convey the forum policies, then you can put these in a special category and revoke moderators' permissions to delete those. If you worry about moderator comments, as mentioned earlier, those can be recovered.
    But more importantly, as R_J wrote, don't give moderator rights to those you don't trust.